Ethernet and RS-485 Converter Functionality
Can behave as both an Ethernet converter and a RS-485 serial converter. The gateway acts as a protocol converter/translator to allow complex interchanges of data and create a bridge between otherwise incompatible networks. All Ethernet and RS-485 fieldbus protocols are included.
Provides an IEEE 802.3 10/100BaseT Ethernet port and an RS-485 port (4-wire terminal block style). The Ethernet port accepts standard CAT5-type 8-conductor unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) patch cables and supports multiple simultaneous protocols. The RS-485 port supports multiple protocols.
It supports up to twenty individually-configurable alarms, which can provide email notifications. A configurable network timeout action can also be programmed to allow each database address its own unique “fail-safe” condition in the event of a network interruption. PLC-style logical, arithmetic and filtering database manipulation operations allow the construction of complex autonomous data conditioning functions.
The embedded web server provides remote monitoring as well as a dashboard composed of a variety of gauges, meters and graphs that can be configured to provide an at-a-glance graphical overview of critical application variables in real-time.
Any combination of Ethernet to Ethernet and Ethernet to RS-485 protocol conversion is possible. Note that for Ethernet to Ethernet protocol conversions, only one Ethernet port is required because the Ethernet port supports multiple simultaneous protocols. Some popular combinations include, but are not limited to the following:
The series core functionality comes from its 4 KB internal database. This database allows data to be routed from any supported network to any other supported network. PLC-style logical, arithmetic and filtering database manipulation operations allow the construction of complex autonomous data conditioning functions.
RS485 Serial Protocols: has the flexibility to choose Modbus Master/Slave as well as other RS485 serial protocols which include: Modbus Sniffer, A.O. Smith AIN, A.O. Smith PDNP, BACnet MS/TP Client, BACnet MS/TP Server, TCS Basys Master, MSA Chillgard Monitor, DMX 512-Master, DMX-512 Slave, M-Bus Master, Metasys N2 Master, Metasys N2 Slave, Siemens FLN Master, Siemens FLN Slave, Sullair Master, Toshiba ASD Master, Toshiba PLC Master.
Ethernet Protocols: can communicate with the above RS485 protocols to Ethernet; and Ethernet to Ethernet protocols including Ethernet/IP Client/Server, AB CSP Ethernet Client/Server, Modbus TCP/IP, Profinet IO, BACnet/IP BBMD, BACnet/IP Client, BACnet/IP Server, Baumer VeriSens Client, CC-Link IE SLMP Client, MELSEC Client/Server, Generic Socket Client/Server & GreenFumeHood Client.
- Configure protocols, network characteristics, and client/server object definitions
- Graphically interact with the internal database in real-time
- Automatically update device firmware
- Define autonomous elements such as database logic, email alarms and object failsafe values
- Capture, display and save serial network traffic with microsecond-precision timestamps
- 10/100Base-T Ethernet port
- Power can be applied three different ways: via the USB cable (for configuration at a workstation), as a 7-24VDC input on the main terminal block, or via IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet / PoE (no need for a local power supply!)
- Internal operations managed by a pair of powerful 32-bit processors
- Autonomous alarm evaluation with email notification
- Real-time web browser-based interaction via an Adobe® Flash Player plug-in. This includes support for database interaction and a dashboard GUI with multiple windows, each of which can be configured to display data in a variety of meter/graph/gauge formats
- User-configurable network timeout behaviors
- 2-wire / 4-wire RS-485 network supports baud rates up to 115.2kbaud
- Desktop, panel/wall and DIN-rail mountable (all hardware included)
- PLC-style logical, arithmetic, trigonometric and filtering database manipulation operations allow the construction of complex data conditioning functions