The MicroLogix 1100 is a programmable logic controller (PLC) manufactured by Allen-Bradley, which is a brand under Rockwell Automation. PLCs are widely used in industrial automation and control systems to manage and control machinery and processes. The MicroLogix 1100 is part of the MicroLogix series of PLCs and is known for its compact size and versatility.
Here are some key features and aspects of the Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100:
- Compact Design: The MicroLogix 1100 is designed to be compact, making it suitable for applications where space is limited. It’s often used in smaller control panels and machines.
- Programmability: Like other PLCs, the MicroLogix 1100 is programmable. Engineers and technicians can use Rockwell Automation’s RSLogix 500 software to create custom control logic and sequences for specific industrial applications.
- Input/Output (I/O): It offers a variety of digital and analog input and output points. These points can be used to interface with sensors, switches, motors, and other devices in the industrial environment.
- Communication: The MicroLogix 1100 is equipped with communication ports, allowing it to connect to other devices and systems. It supports multiple communication protocols, including RS-232, RS-485, and Ethernet/IP, making it capable of interfacing with various equipment and networks.
- Memory and Processing: It has sufficient memory and processing power to handle typical control tasks, such as monitoring sensors, making decisions based on programmed logic, and sending commands to actuators.
- Versatility: The MicroLogix 1100 can be used in a wide range of industrial applications, from simple machine control to more complex process automation tasks.
- Cost-Effective: It is often considered a cost-effective solution for smaller automation projects, where the features and capabilities of more advanced PLCs may not be necessary.
- Programming Software: The RSLogix 500 software, provided by Rockwell Automation, is used for programming and configuring the MicroLogix 1100.
- HMI Integration: It can be integrated with human-machine interface (HMI) devices and software to provide operators with a graphical interface for monitoring and controlling processes.
- Legacy Product: It’s important to note that the MicroLogix 1100 is considered a legacy product, and while it may still be in use, Rockwell Automation has introduced newer PLC platforms like the CompactLogix and ControlLogix series for more advanced control and automation needs.
In summary, the Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100 is a compact and versatile PLC designed for industrial control and automation applications. It offers programmability, various I/O options, and communication capabilities, making it suitable for a wide range of industrial settings, especially in situations where space and budget constraints are important considerations.
The ANC-100e DH+ converters provide communications between newer Ethernet Technologies and DH+ legacy PLC-5s and SLC/504s
The ANC-100e is a pocket-sized, high performance, Industrial Rated Ethernet DH+ Converter. Features include: Ease of Configuration via Web Interface and DH+ Auto Polarity Detection and DH+ Auto Baud Rate Detection.
$1,295 USD List.
20 min. theautomationblog review.
Is an economical and high performance USB-to-Allen-Bradley Data Highway Plus converter interfacing major HMI, SCADA, PLC Programming packages to Devices on DH+. Its features significantly outperform AB’s 1784-U2DHP PLC Programming Cable operating at 12 Mg USB speed with the Controllogix Ethernet/IP Driver.
The ANC-120e works with all SCADA, MMI, PLC programming packages installed on your PC with USB direct access to the DH+ network and stations. These packages include RSLINX/LOGIX Classic & Enterprise with RSLOGIX 5/500, Wonderware DAServer & TCP/IO Server, Citect, and Kepware using Controllogix Ethernet/IP Drivers.
$1,295 USD List.
20 min. theautomationblog review