The MicroLogix 1100 is a programmable logic controller (PLC) produced by Allen-Bradley, a brand under Rockwell Automation. PLCs like the MicroLogix 1100 are commonly used in industrial automation and control systems to manage and control various processes and machinery.
Here are some key features and aspects of the Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100:
- Compact Design: The MicroLogix 1100 is known for its compact and space-efficient design, making it suitable for applications where control panels or equipment space is limited.
- Programmability: Like other PLCs, the MicroLogix 1100 is programmable. Engineers and technicians use Rockwell Automation’s RSLogix 500 software to create custom control logic and sequences tailored to specific industrial applications.
- Input/Output (I/O): The PLC offers various digital and analog input and output points. These points are used to interface with sensors, switches, motors, and other devices in the industrial environment.
- Communication: The MicroLogix 1100 is equipped with communication ports, including RS-232 and Ethernet/IP, which allow it to connect to other devices and systems in the industrial network. This supports data exchange and integration with other equipment.
- Processing Power: The PLC has sufficient processing power to execute control logic and respond to inputs and outputs in real-time.
- Memory Capacity: It comes with memory for storing control programs, configuration settings, and data. The memory capacity varies depending on the specific model.
- Versatility: The MicroLogix 1100 can be used in a wide range of industrial applications, from simple machine control to more complex process automation tasks.
- Cost-Effective: It is often considered a cost-effective solution for smaller automation projects, where the features and capabilities of more advanced PLCs may not be necessary.
- Programming Software: RSLogix 500, provided by Rockwell Automation, is used for programming and configuring the MicroLogix 1100.
- HMI Integration: It can be integrated with human-machine interface (HMI) devices and software to provide operators with a graphical interface for monitoring and controlling processes.
- Legacy Product: The MicroLogix 1100 is considered a legacy product, which means that while it may still be in use in some industrial settings, newer and more advanced control platforms are available for modern automation projects.
In summary, the Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100 is a compact and versatile PLC designed for industrial control and automation applications. It offers programmability, various I/O options, communication capabilities, and cost-effectiveness, making it suitable for a wide range of industrial settings, especially in cases where space and budget constraints are important considerations.
The ANC-100e DH+ converters provide communications between newer Ethernet Technologies and DH+ legacy PLC-5s and SLC/504s
The ANC-100e is a pocket-sized, high performance, Industrial Rated Ethernet DH+ Converter. Features include: Ease of Configuration via Web Interface and DH+ Auto Polarity Detection and DH+ Auto Baud Rate Detection.
$1,295 USD List.
20 min. theautomationblog review.
The ANC-120e is a competitive alternative to AB’s 17
Is an economical and high performance USB-to-Allen-Bradley Data Highway Plus converter interfacing major HMI, SCADA, PLC Programming packages to Devices on DH+. Its features significantly outperform AB’s 1784-U2DHP PLC Programming Cable operating at 12 Mg USB speed with the Controllogix Ethernet/IP Driver.
The ANC-120e works with all SCADA, MMI, PLC programming packages installed on your PC with USB direct access to the DH+ network and stations. These packages include RSLINX/LOGIX Classic & Enterprise with RSLOGIX 5/500, Wonderware DAServer & TCP/IO Server, Citect, and Kepware using Controllogix Ethernet/IP Drivers.
$1,295 USD List.
20 min. theautomationblog review