The AIC+ advanced interface converter is a gateway communication interface between many networked devices. The AIC+ works well with many of the SLC and MicroLogix controllers.
AIC+ receives power from MicroLogix 1000, 1200, and 1500 controllers through the RS-232 8-pin mini-DIN cable.
A 24V dc power supply is necessary for external power if the MicroLogix is not connected to this port. You will need to set the the DC power-source selector for your specific setup.
The AIC+ interface converter can be used in the following modes
- Point-to-point isolator
- RS-232 to RS- 485 isolator
- RS-232 to half-duplex user mode ASCII isolator
Communication is established using hardware handshaking or auto transmit signal.
The AIC+ interface converter can be used to interconnect the following devices.
- SLC 500, 50/01, 5/02, and 5/03 processors (channel1)
- SLC 5/03, 5/04, 5/05 processor (channel 0)
- MicroLogix controllers
- Logix controllers
- 1756-DH485 ControLogix module
- Operator interface devices
- Personal computer serial ports (or any 9-pin DTE serial port)
|Communication Interface||Communication Rates (bit/s)||
|1747-UIC||USB to DH-485 Interface Converter||Gateway between USB ports and DH-485 ports on SLC500, MicroLogix, CompactLogix, PanelView, AIC and AIC+ products.||2 ports:
(RJ-45 or 9-pin D-shell, switch selectable)
|19200||Powered by computer’s USB port|