Automation Control ACX 310 Modbus TCP/IP to Modbus RTU Gateways
The Automation Control ACX 310 Modbus TCP/IP to Modbus RTU Gateway is a type of industrial network gateway designed to facilitate communication between devices that use the Modbus TCP/IP protocol and those that use the Modbus RTU protocol. This gateway effectively bridges two different types of Modbus networks, enabling them to interact and exchange data. Here’s an overview of such a gateway’s functionality and applications:
- Protocol Conversion: The primary function of the ACX 310 gateway is to convert Modbus TCP/IP signals, which are typically transmitted over Ethernet networks, to Modbus RTU signals, which are usually transmitted over serial communication lines (like RS-485 or RS-232).
- Network Integration: This gateway enables integration of devices and systems that operate on different Modbus protocols, such as integrating older Modbus RTU devices into a modern Ethernet-based control system.
- Bidirectional Communication: It supports bidirectional communication, meaning it can translate data in both directions – from TCP/IP to RTU and vice versa.
- Multiple Device Connectivity: Typically, such gateways can handle multiple client and server connections simultaneously, allowing various devices to communicate across the network.
- Industrial Automation: In manufacturing or processing plants where both old and new automation equipment are in use, the gateway allows for seamless integration and communication between these devices.
- Building Automation: Useful in building management systems where legacy systems (using Modbus RTU) need to be connected to newer, network-based monitoring and control systems.
- Data Acquisition and Monitoring: Enables data from various sensors and actuators (on Modbus RTU networks) to be collected and monitored through Modbus TCP/IP networks.
- Configuration: Setting up such a gateway requires proper configuration, including setting up IP addresses, baud rates, parity, stop bits, and defining Modbus registers to ensure proper data mapping.
- Network Topology: Understanding the network layout is important for optimal placement and utilization of the gateway.
- Compatibility: Ensuring that the gateway is compatible with the specific Modbus versions and variations used in the existing devices and systems.
- Security: When integrating different network types, especially involving TCP/IP, security considerations become vital to prevent unauthorized access and ensure data integrity.
The Automation Control ACX 310 Modbus TCP/IP to Modbus RTU Gateway represents a solution for integrating diverse Modbus protocol environments, which is common in many industrial and building automation scenarios. It’s a critical component for modernizing and streamlining operations where both legacy and new systems coexist.
ANC-100e Ethernet IP to AB's DH+ Converter
The Automation Networks ANC-100e communicates with all SCADA, HMI, PLC programming with direct Ethernet/IP access to the DH+ network and stations.
ANC-100e has similar replacement features as the Controllogix 1756-DHRIO / 1756-ENBT, and AB 1784 Interface Cards: 1784-U2DHP, 1784-KTx, 1784-PKTx, 1784-PCMK and Prosoft AN-X2-DHRIO Converters.
$1,295 USD List. Jan. 1, 2024
ANC-120e USB to AB's DH+
The ANC-120e works with all SCADA, MMI, PLC programming packages installed on your PC with USB direct access to the DH+ network and stations. These packages include RSLINX/LOGIX Classic & Enterprise with RSLOGIX 5/500, Wonderware DAServer & TCP/IO Server, Citect, and Kepware using Controllogix Ethernet/IP Drivers.