SLC 5/04 Programmable Controllers
The Allen-Bradley SLC 500 is a family programmable controllers that is are available in the chassis format with discrete, analog, and specialty I/O, and peripheral devices.
SLC 500 product line is very versatile and powerful providing many communications options, configurations, and memory options.
The SLC system gives is ideal for freestanding or distributed industrial control. It available with up to 64 K of configurable data/program memory and 60 types of I/O modules, providing many networking options.
The SLC 5/04 is most used on Allen-Bradley Data Highway Plus DH+ networks.
It allows fast SLC 5/04-to-SLC 5/04 communications and connectivity directly to PLC-5s.
The SLC 5/04 has the option to be configured in a Modular I/O format with a maximum of 3 chassis (30 total slots) and from 4 I/O points to a maximum of 4096 I/O points. Memory options can be 16 K, 32 K, or 64 K.
Data Highway Plus (DH+)
- 57.6 Kbaud, 115.2 Kbaud, and 230.4 Kbaud Communication speeds.
- Maximum network length of 3048 m (10,000 ft) at 57.6 Kbaud
- Belden 9463 (blue hose) cable connection between nodes (daisy chain connection).
- Built-in isolation
- 19.2 Kbaud (38.4 Kbaud SLC 5/04 and SLC 5/05 processors) Communication speeds.
- Maximum length between devices is 15.24 m (50 ft).
- RS-232C (EIA-232) electrical specifications.
- modem support.
- built-in isolation
DH-485(1), DF1 full-duplex, DF1 half-duplex master/slave, ASCII, DF1 radio modem, and Modbus RTU Master protocols.