ETHERNET/IP TO ALLEN BRADLEY REMOTE I/O OR DATA HIGHWAY PLUS DH+ GATEWAY CONVERTER
AN-X2-AB-DHRIO The EtherNet/IP to Remote I/O or Data Highway Plus DH+ Gateway
The EtherNet/IP to Remote I/O or Data Highway Plus DH+ (AN-X2-AB-DHRIO) Gateway is designed to help customers initiate a phased migration approach to replacing or upgrading legacy Remote I/O, HMI’s or Drives. The AN-X2-AB-DHRIO gateway has multiple operating modes that are selected during initial configuration and are described below.
This mode acts as a bridge between an EtherNet/IP and a DH+ Data Highway Plus network.
Programming terminals, and/or processors on an EtherNet/IP network can access legacy processors on a Data Highway Plus DH+ network
Download to a PLC5 or SLC through RSLinx
Configures through web browser · Supports all Data Highway Plus DH+ baud rates (57.6, 115.2, and 230.4 K baud)
Communication must be initiated from the EtherNet/IP side, DH+ Messages cannot be sent to EtherNet/IP devices
Support for DH+ to EtherNet/IP PanelViews upgrades on PLC5 or SLC networks
Remote I/O Scanner Features:
This operating mode allows users to replace their existing Remote I/O PLC with a ControlLogix or CompactLogix PAC without having to replace existing racks of I/O.
· Build new controller program without interrupting existing controls, minimizing downtime
· All Remote I/O baud rates are supported (57.6, 115.2, and 230.4 K baud)
· Supports all Remote I/O baud rates (57.6, 115.2, and 230.4 K baud), and Remote I/O addressing 0-76 octal
· Works with both ControlLogix or CompactLogix
· Auto-Configuration utility discovers baud rate and maps discrete I/O reducing configuration errors
This operating mode supports upgrading legacy Allen Bradley drives on Remote I/O to new EtherNet/IP enabled drives
· No changes to PLC code required
· Supports up to 4 EtherNet/IP drives
· Configurable with 1/4, 1/2 and full rack addressing
· Supports all PowerFlex drives on EtherNet/IP
This operating mode supports legacy HMI’s on Remote I/O to be upgraded to a PanelView Plus or PanelView Plus 6 on EtherNet/IP.
· No changes to PLC code required
· Supports up to 8 PanelViews on the same network
This operating mode acts as a bridge between an EtherNet/IP and a Data Highway Plus network.
· Programming terminals, and/or processors on an EtherNet/IP network can access legacy processors on a DH+ network
· Download to a PLC5 or SLC through RSLinx
· Configured through web browser
· Supports all DH+ baud rates (57.6, 115.2, and 230.4 K baud)
Remote I/O Adapter
This operating mode allows PLC’s on Remote I/O to share data with a newer ControlLogix or CompactLogix PAC’s. This mode also allows a ControlLogix processor to monitor Block Transfer and I/O data on an active Remote I/O network without occupying a drop.
· Supports up to 15 EtherNet/IP I/O connections to a Logix Processor
· Supports any combination of Remote I/O rack addressing
· Auto configures rack addressing and baud rate
AN-X2 has a built-in web server. A web browser can view diagnostics, current configuration, upload/download configuration files,
and set operation mode.
Ports 1 RJ45 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port
1 Phoenix 3-pin power connector
1 Phoenix 3-pin network connector
Typical Power Consumption 200 mA @ 12 Vdc or 100 mA @ 24 Vdc
Maximum Power Dissapation 2.4W
Operating Temp 32°F to 122°F (0 ºC to 50 ºC)
Storage Temperature -40°F to 185°F (-40 ºC to 85 ºC)
Dimensions 107 mm x 126 mm x 34 mm
(4.18 in x 4.97 in x 1.33 in)
not including connectors
Humidity 5% to 95% RH, with no condensation
For more product details contact Automation Networks at
(Tel) 281 771-0019
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Tel:’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]