The AIC+ advanced interface converter is a link in communication between several devices that are networked. The AIC+ converter operates with a many SLC and MicroLogix controllers and other devices.
Power is given via the MicroLogix 1000, 1200, and 1500 RS-232 8-pin mini-DIN port’s cable. Another power source is a 24V dc power supply connected to the converter’s external power terminals. You will need to use the dc power-source selector depending how you configure the module.
The following modes are used with the AIC+ interface converter:
- Point-to-point isolator
- RS-232 to RS-485 isolator
- RS-232 to half-duplex user mode ASCII isolator Communication uses hardware handshaking or auto transmit signals.
The AIC+ interface converter can be used to interconnect the following devices.
- SLC 500, 5/01, 5/02, and 5/03 processors (channel 1)
- SLC 5/03, 5/04, and 5/05 processors (channel 0)
- MicroLogix controllers
- Logix controllers
- 1756-DH485 ControlLogix module
- Operator interface devices
- Personal computer serial ports (or any 9-pin DTE serial port)