1756 Controllogix Overview
ControlLogix systems allows drives, process, discrete, motion, and safety control along with communication and most advanced I/O in a low cost, small combination. Controllogix is modular, so you can create, build, and change savings costs with engineering and training.
ControlLogix system components include:
|ControlLogix Controllers||•Choices are: ControlLogix standard controllers, GuardLogix safety controllers, and ControlLogix-XT with controllers for extended temperatures.
• Depending on the controller, memory ranges for users are from 2 to 32 MB.
|ControlLogixCommunication Modules||•Choices are: EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Data Highway Plus, Remote I/O, Foundation Fieldbus, Serial, DH-485, and SynchLink.
• Use the backplane to Install all modules for communication to setup a gateway to bridge data between different networks.
|ControlLogix Integrated Motion Modules||•Select from SERCOS or analog interface modules.
•For analog interface modules, a removable terminal block (RTB) is required.
|ControlLogix I/O Modules||•Choices are: analog, thermoscouple, digital, RTD, motion, and specialty modules.
• Per module densities can go from 4 to 32 points.
• Modules are rate IP20, Class I, Division 2/Zone 2.
• Some modules have electronic fusing, field-side diagnostics, or individually isolated inputs/outputs.
• For each I/O module, a remote terminal block (RTB) or wiring system is necessary.
|ControlLogix Power Supplies||• With the 1756 chassis backplance, ControlLogix power supplies are needed to provide 1.2V, 3.3V, 5V, and 24V DC power.
•If using a standard power supply, choose one power supply for each chassis.
•If using a redundant power supply system, choose a power supply bundle.
|ControlLogix Chassis||• Select from ControlLogix standard or ControlLogix-XT chassis.
• Standard chassis can be used with 4, 7, 10, 13, or 17 slots.
• ControlLogix-XT chassis can be used with 5 or 7 slots.
• With empty slot fillers are required.
Optional system components include:
|Operator Interface and Computers||• Rockwell Integrated Architecture strategy make up AB HMI and computer products, along for control with Logix and communication with NetLinx.
•Select from PanelView Plus and PanelView Plus CE electronic operator interface and Rockwell Automation industrialized personal computer hardware.
• FactoryTalk View is included in Rockwell Software supervisory control software.
|.Software||• Your choice of modules and network configuration can answer what software packages you need to configure and program your system.
• Use RSLOGIX 5000 software to program your ControlLogix system.
•Use RSNetworx and RSLinx software for additional design and configuration of products.