1756 Controllogix Overview
ControlLogix systems allows drives, process, discrete, motion, and safety control along with communication and most advanced I/O in a low cost, small combination. Controllogix is modular, so you can create, build, and change savings costs with engineering and training.
ControlLogix system components include:
|ControlLogix Controllers||•Choices are: ControlLogix standard controllers, GuardLogix safety controllers, and ControlLogix-XT with controllers for extended temperatures.|
• Depending on the controller, memory ranges for users are from 2 to 32 MB.
|ControlLogixCommunication Modules||•Choices are: EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Data Highway Plus, Remote I/O, Foundation Fieldbus, Serial, DH-485, and SynchLink.|
• Use the backplane to Install all modules for communication to setup a gateway to bridge data between different networks.
|ControlLogix Integrated Motion Modules||•Select from SERCOS or analog interface modules.|
•For analog interface modules, a removable terminal block (RTB) is required.
|ControlLogix I/O Modules||•Choices are: analog, thermoscouple, digital, RTD, motion, and specialty modules.|
• Per module densities can go from 4 to 32 points.
• Modules are rate IP20, Class I, Division 2/Zone 2.
• Some modules have electronic fusing, field-side diagnostics, or individually isolated inputs/outputs.
• For each I/O module, a remote terminal block (RTB) or wiring system is necessary.
|ControlLogix Power Supplies||• With the 1756 chassis backplance, ControlLogix power supplies are needed to provide 1.2V, 3.3V, 5V, and 24V DC power.|
•If using a standard power supply, choose one power supply for each chassis.
•If using a redundant power supply system, choose a power supply bundle.
|ControlLogix Chassis||• Select from ControlLogix standard or ControlLogix-XT chassis.|
• Standard chassis can be used with 4, 7, 10, 13, or 17 slots.
• ControlLogix-XT chassis can be used with 5 or 7 slots.
• With empty slot fillers are required.
Optional system components include:
|Operator Interface and Computers||• Rockwell Integrated Architecture strategy make up AB HMI and computer products, along for control with Logix and communication with NetLinx.|
•Select from PanelView Plus and PanelView Plus CE electronic operator interface and Rockwell Automation industrialized personal computer hardware.
• FactoryTalk View is included in Rockwell Software supervisory control software.
|.Software||• Your choice of modules and network configuration can answer what software packages you need to configure and program your system.|
• Use RSLOGIX 5000 software to program your ControlLogix system.
•Use RSNetworx and RSLinx software for additional design and configuration of products.